Friday 23 June 2023

17th and 18th Century English Portrait Sculpture and the Blog.


17th and 18th Century English Portrait Sculpture and the Blog.

Perhaps in celebration of the reopening of the National Portrait Gallery.


The intention with the commencing of this blog was to create a place which could act as an online filing system and aide memoire, and to then transplant the edited and enlarged results into my main blog.

https://bathartandarchitecture.blogspot.com/

In fact it took on something of a life of its own.


After something of a sabbatical - a large 18th century house restoration project - I have returned to the subject and will continue to post on my main blog.


Portrait Sculpture has long been the poor relation in the art world playing second fiddle to painting - one of my intentions was to address this and to attempt to re-popularise it in my own small way.




No comments:

Post a Comment