The Bronze Equestrian Statue of Henri IV (1553 - 1610).
on the Pont Neuf, Paris.
Originally commissioned from Giamblogna by
Maria di Medici the wife of Henri IV and Regent of France unveiled 3 August 1613.
and completed by Pietro Tacca
the Slaves by Pietro Francavilla
Destroyed in the revolution in 1792
Mid 19th Century photograph of the 1818 replacement statue
by Francois Frederic Lemot of Henri IV.
Pont Neuf (New Bridge) Paris.
begun by Guillaume Marchand and finished by Jaques Androuet de Cerceau
Crop from the above engraving.
Engraving by P Brissart
Etching by Jaques Callot c.1629
Drawing by Israel Sylvestre
177 x 430 mm.
Crop from above
Anon. Pub Georg Merz
Augsburg c. 1740 - 60.
169 x 200 mm
Pont Neuf with the statue of Henri IV
From the Original birds Eye View Map by Turgot.
Birds Eye view by Matthias Merrian
Pont Neuf witrh the statue of Henri IV
Nicolas Jean Baptist Raguenet
Jean - Baptiste Lallemand